Sircan

--------

| I've gotten quite a few SirCam messages, all from people I don't know.

Similarly here; about 15 at last count.  Looking through the Mail/trash
directory, I find that I do recognize two of the senders as people on
a mailing list that I belong to, and the messages in fact came from
the mailing list.

| But nobody's tried to infect my Web server with any variant of Code
| Red (grepping through my publicfile logs for "default.ida" gets me
| nothing).  I feel almost insulted.

I wonder if there's a site we could send your email address  to,  and
they'd send you a copy?

Actually, now that I think of it, this wouldn't be all  that  bad  an
idea.   If you're interested in testing software that deals with such
things, such a site could be very useful  for  testing  purposes.   A
quick  check  with some of the Usual Suspect doesn't turn up any such
service. I have seen a certain reluctance among the security sites to
provide copies of the actual code. This isn't surprising, but it does
put a damper on attempts to learn about and deal with the problems.

-