File Encryption (and Palm Pilot)

I've got 2 questions in regards to encryption
1. I currently keep passwords in my Palm Pilot. At one time I had the
entire unit password protected, but I removed that because it was a pain.
I also use the information both on Windows at work as well as on my Lini\ux
system at home. I'm more interested in securing the the data while it is on
the Palm in the event it gets lost or stolen. So I'm looking for a way that
I can either encrypt specific files on the Palm in such a way that I can
not only decrypt them on the Palm, but also on both my Windows and Linux
platforms. Alternatively, I could password protect my Palm either by using
the built in password. For the most part, people steal Palms to seel them
not for any data.

2. I was just curious what encryption software people were using in general
to encrypt data on Linux. In the past, I have written DES encryption
programs for clients (using the PD DES functions available).
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group

-