Connectivity woes in Boston

One option might be to check DSL options with Earthlink.  They use
Verizon's infrastructure, but you don't use Verizon as the ISP.  Earthlink
claims I'm close enough to the CO, whereas Verizon claims I am not.

You get a dynamic IP, but if you want to run servers, you could also use a
service like dyndns, tzo, etc.

You could also try ATT/@Home and see what actually happens.  Worst case,
they disconnect you, and you go back to dialup for now.  Wait until ATT
gets sold, and try again.

Hope that helps.

Scott

-