Connectivity woes in Boston

I think their primary concern re: servers is traffic generated by
commercial ventures (and them wanting to charge you an extra arm and a
leg).  if you're still going to receive the same volume of mail, and it's
just that you're going to direct it straight to your box instead of
through theirs, I bet they never even notice.  I suspect there's lots and
lots of AT&T customers who are banking on that.

After all, what constitutes a "server" if you really want to get
technical?  I want to connect to my home machine from work, so I run an
ssh daemon.  Am I now an ssh server?  I'm the only client, so it's not
like I've got a dozen people sharing the line or something.  If I'm
running Apache primarily because httpd starts up by default, am I a web
server that should get taken down by them?

 Duane

-