dynamic dns at home?

keep in mind that dhcp doesn't necessarily mean that the boxes will get
random IPs. you can specify in the dhcp server the IP that a particular MAC
address will have. so, in essence, the boxes will have static IPs. they'll
just be getting their IPs from the dhcp server.

i just reread your message... you don't specify if you're using a linux box
as a router or a linksys or netgear or something similar. i don't know if
you can do what i mentioned on one of those commercial cablemodem routers.
but what you could do in that case is keep your laptop using dhcp; make the
web/mail server static, and you're all set. just make sure to set the dhcp
server to use addresses after the ones you have assigned to the other boxes.

hth,
doug

-