Mediaone

The mail addr field is actually the address (with dots instread of @) of the
maintainer of the DNS for mediaone. Typically is is
hostmaster.<domain>.
This record indicates that there is no mx record for ultra.ne.mediaone.net.
Otherwise you would see something like:
> tarnhelm.blu.org
Server:  localhost
Address:  127.0.0.1

tarnhelm.blu.org        canonical name = blu.org
blu.org preference = 10, mail exchanger = blu.org
blu.org nameserver = ns2.usdatacenters.com
blu.org nameserver = ns3.usdatacenters.com
blu.org nameserver = blu.org
blu.org internet address = 216.235.254.230
ns2.usdatacenters.com   internet address = 216.235.240.12
ns3.usdatacenters.com   internet address = 216.235.240.16

On 20 Jul 2001, at 2:03, agabriel at home.tzo.org wrote:

> I was just looking at my mx records through mediaone.  It looks a
> little odd i.e:
>
> > set type=mx
> > ultra.ne.mediaone.net
> Server:  ndpxy02.ne.mediaone.net
> Address:  24.128.60.8
>
> ne.mediaone.net
>         origin = ns1.ne.mediaone.net
>         mail addr = hostmaster.mediaone.net
>         serial = 2001072013
>         refresh = 3600 (1H)
>         retry   = 900 (15M)
>         expire  = 864000 (864000)
>         minimum ttl = 1800 (30M)
>
> Anyone know how long it has been going to hostmaster?
>
> Thanks,
> Anthony
>
> -

Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>