From: owner-discuss at Blu.Org [mailto:owner-discuss at Blu.Org] On Behalf Of
Derek Martin
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2001 10:22
To: Derek Atkins
Cc: Michael Bilow; thorin; discuss at Blu.Org
Subject: Re: Delegating in-addr.arpa for subnetted address space

<SNIP>

There's also a good chance that the guy doing the work on the other end
won't understand what you're talking about if you ask him to do that for
you.  Paul and I once spent about a half an hour explaining what a glue
record is to our ISP's "DNS expert" support tech.  We eventually had to
e-mail him the record we wanted them to create. Evidently he'd never
dealt with subdomains before...

[For those unfamiliar with the term, the NS record above is a glue
record -- one way to think if it is that it "glues" delegated zones to
the parent zone.]

-