Where else can we brag...

Well folks,

today was a VERY productive day for Gordon and I.  And since there's
no joy in dancing up and down the halls in front of people who just
don't get it, I've decided to do it here!

In short, we hacked the a boot image, built a kickstart config, and
configured kickstart server that totally automates the system load
of IBM xSeries servers (240, 250, etc...)  Not only does it apply
a standard OS image upon the system with our specific partitioning
map, but also adds all of customizations and 3rd party software.
All this, and we only have to hit <ENTER> at the completion of the
load/build.  Fully automated!

The joy in this mess is that we got this going with RH6.2 which
without hackery, requires a driver disk for the IBM raid controller.

Now, we've been doing automated builds for years with SUNs and
jumpstart, but our linux implementation is a whole lot simpler
and just try to get a SUN system loaded in under five minutes!

If there's some interest, perhaps we can present a Kickstart
BLU meeting sometime in the future.

Anyway, I'm home now in front of screaming kids and a tired wife.
My dancing is done, and the crying begins ;-(

Nice job today gordon...

- christoph

-