[BLU.] Palm Pilot/Visor and Linux questions

On Wed, 4 Jul 2001, Gerald A Feldman wrote:

> I currently have a Palm PIlot Professional which died a horrible death at
> USENIX when I was surrounded by BSD people with devil ears :-)

Maybe they thought it was a Windows CE unit, since Microsoft went back on
it's deal with the devil.

> Lastly, does anyone have any opinions regarding whether I should get a
> Palm or a Visor keeping in mind that I will be obtaining an IPAQ (Linux
> based) in 3 to 6 months.

If it turns out you can load your existing data on a Palm IIIe, I can lend
you one.  I have one that I don't really use.  If you need it for just a
few months, it may not be worth buying.  However, if the IPAQ can share
data with the Palm III series, they're cheap enough you might want to get
it and use it as a backup when you get the IPAQ.  Your call.

I would give it to you at the BLU BBQ, but I can't make it (same day as my
wife's company outing at Canobe Lake Park).  I'm sure we could meet up
when you get back though.  I don't expect to have another job til at least
next Tuesday ;)