[BLU.] Re: [BLU.] Replacement for pine?

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, R. Ransbottom wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, David Kramer wrote:
>
> > You forgot one very important piece of information: what is it about pine
> > that you don't like?  Why are you replacing it?
>
> I would like more power in message selection.
> Along the lines of trn's k s c D /<patt>/[rah]  commands.
> Which are:
>     kill a thread to date
>     save message to folder which is by default named by a
>         permutation of the current folder name
>     mark all messages as read
>     mark unselected messages on screen as read
>     find messages with pattern with options: in hdr only, anywhere,
>         search read messages also

You can approximate some of this functionality with the aggregation and
sorting commands of pine.  Not quite the same thing, though.

> Killfiles or scoring might be nice, too.
That's really a function for procmail (your MDA), not pine (your MUA).

DDDD   David Kramer                   http://thekramers.net
DK KD  "If I asked you where we were," said Arthur weakly, "would I
DKK D  regret it?"  Ford stood up.  "We're safe," he said.  "We are
DK KD  in a small galley cabin," said Ford,  in one of those
DDDD   spaceships of the Vogon Construction Fleet."  "Ah." said
       Arthur, "this is obviously some strange usage of the word
       _safe_ that I wasn't previously aware of."
                 Douglas Adams, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy".

-