Micro$oft CEO says Linux is a cancer

I found this in a newsletter I received today and thougt I would share it.

*****  Start article ******

Q: Do you view Linux and the open-source movement as a threat to Microsoft?

A: Yeah. It's good competition. It will force us to be innovative. It will
force us to justify the prices and value that we deliver. And that's only
healthy. The only thing we have a problem with is when the government funds
open-source work.  Government funding should be for work that is available
to everybody. Open source is not available to commercial companies. The way
the license is written, if you use
any open-source software, you have to make the rest of your software open
source.
If the government wants to put something in the public domain, it should.
Linux is not in the public domain. Linux is a cancer that attaches itself in
an intellectual property sense to everything it touches. That's the way that
the license works.

***** End article *****

If anyone cares to read the whole article, go to:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/tech/cst-fin-micro01.html

I wonder if anyone told him that the NSA has released some open source
software?  Hhhmmmm.

Regards,

jlk