Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 15:45:40 -0500
Subject: [REDHAT] Re: FW: UNIX TIP: WHERE WAS IT STARTED?

Every process on the system has a directory under /proc/<PID> where a
lot of information about the process can be found.  One item is a link
to the current working directory (/proc/<PID>/cwd -> /where/ever).  That
will often, but not necessarily, be the directory where the process
started.  I looked around and can't find anything that tells where a
process was started, but maybe this helps?

-m

-