rh7.1 pblms

I ran into similar telnet/rsh/ssh issues on my
first rh7.1 install attempt.  I chose the "high"
firewall setting and no amount of tinkering with
ipchains (the default, not iptables...), or
host.[allow|deny], or /etc/xinet.d/* files would
let me in from the outside even though I could
telnet/ssh/ftp/etc... from the rh7.1 box to the
rest of the world with no problem.  Just to test
my sanity, I reinstalled with the "none" firewall
setting, and I can now get in.  I'll update when
I figure out what needs to be set to what...

Gordon Keegan

--- dan moylan <jdm34 at cornell.edu> wrote:

> background:

( le snip!)