Fwd: [OT] IBM offers 6% ThinkPad linux discount on phone

> On a related note I saw this week (maybe it's old news) that DELL now offers
> Linux (RedHat only) on a few of it's laptops in the Inspiron and latitude
> lines.  You can get to the link from: http://www.dell.com/linux then select
> "Linux Systems" from he sidebar.
> They are a tad expensive for my taste, but its nice to see these comming out.

I've been scoping out an Inspiron 8000 for myself for the past few weeks,
and I'd like to point out that if you're interested in Dell that it's a
lot cheaper (on the order of $300) and a lot more customizable to go
through their normal laptop page and just install Linux on your own.  All
the hardware is supported, and you even get a free WinME coaster.

-b

-