RH7 behind Windows-based NAT

> machines i have running in the house.  i seem to be able to get an IP
> address from the DHCP server that NAT32 provides - but i am unable to
> access anything outside the LAN from my RH7 machine.  all the windows
> PC's get out without a hitch.

Well at least you know the NAT machine is working.  Are you sure you're
pulling down all the right IP information?  Can you see all the other
machines on your LAN?  There have been some issues in the past with
distributions using bugged version of DHCP.  I'd suggest trying a static
IP and making sure you have the correct information in there and giving
it a try.

> yea yea yea, i should be IP masquerading with the linux box instead of
> using nat32 - but this can't be helped at the moment.
>
> Everything on the linux machine is set up for DHCP.  i just can't get
> out of my lan.  any ideas?

Brian J. Conway
dogbert at clue4all.net
Geek for hire: http://clue4all.net/resume

Men may control the free world, but women control the boobs.
(http://www.pvponline.com/archive.php3?archive=20001024)
-