68.0.0.0/8 illegal?

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Ben Jackson wrote:

> Here is what I have blocked:
> 10.0.0.0/8
> 169.254.0.0/16
> 172.16.0.0/12
> 192.168.0.0/16
>
> There is also a whloe lot of other ones that you can block
> (http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/ipv4-address-space, anything
> marked 'IANA - Reserved') But I find that a bit overkill. Most bogus
> packets use one of the above addresses.
>
> 				~Ben
> --
> /"\	Ben Jackson
> \ /     bejackso at lynx.neu.edu - http://www.shore.net/~bbj
>  X      Member of the ASCII Ribbon Campaign Against HTML Mail
> / \

OK, so the list on that page matches what was in my rc.firewall pretty
closely, but neither seems to match reality.  I'm opening all of them up.

Interesting page to look at if you want to see who had their foot in the
door while the internet still had the "Coming Soon!" sign out.

DDDD   David Kramer                   http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D  "All my life, I always wanted to be somebody.
DK KD  Now I see that I should have been more specific."
DDDD                                       - Lily Tomlin

-