Read-only /var/spool/mail problems

> On your Netscape preferences in the appearance section check the on startup
> launch to launch what you want. It will still take a long time. (I'm
> assuming Netscape 4.76

Well, that's almost what I'm looking for :).  She does still use Netscape for
her browsing, so I can't exactly take that out from under her by having the
Netscape button launch mail.  And launching them both isn't a great option
since she spends much more time in email than in the web.  What I was hoping
for was some sort of command line thing that I could execute to get the
netscape mail reader.

Duane