Unusual abend on RH 6.2 shutdown

Bill,

I would first try to find out what process your system is complaining about
during the shutdown procedure.

> > Process halt (pid: 1076, process nr: 19, stackpage=c214b000)
> > Stack:  fee1dead  [rest snipped]

Maybe you could run " top >> report_pids.txt" then shutdown down your system?
Then reboot and review "report_pids.txt" file and see if this issue is specific
to a certain process? I am guessing here... but it might be worth a try.

Did this issue just start happening? Did you add/replace any new hardware?
-g