[OFF-TOPIC] Re: MediaOne dns problems

> > That's capitalism.
>
> That's disgusting.
> Here's a simple question: did the manufacturers tell their customers
> that they made this modification?  I'd guess not.  Why not?

Because it was none of the customer's business?  Did the printers not
print at the speeds advertised for each of the two models?  Did the
buyers get the mix of features that they expected given the honest
marketing of each product?

Man, this hits a nerve.

How do you feel about the difference between the Audi A4 and the
Volkswagen Passat?  Notice the price spread between a Dodge Grand
Caravan and a Chrysler Town & Country?  Ever run into a product that
was clearly made by Company A at price $Z being sold by Company B at
price $Y with no trace of Company A anywhere on the packaging or
advertising?

In the political economy that we live in it is your moral
responsibility to maximize your (plural) self interest, however you
conceive that to be.  Anything else is an existential no-no.  Even
heartfelt altruism *must* be read by others as a way of maximizing
your self interest.

Charge what the market will bear for your goods and services.  That
allows you to pay your employees and provide value for your
shareholders.  In 10,000 years of building various types of economic
systems, we've yet to see anything more equitable and ethical.

ccb

--
Charles C. Bennett, Jr.			VA Linux Systems
Systems Engineer,			25 Burlington Mall Rd., Suite 300

-