MediaOne dns problems

Interesting. I have had the service for 4.5 years, and in that time I have
been renumbered 4 times. 2 of which were when they renumbered the
area the other two was when I changed NICs. I have had some occasion
when they dropped my host name from DNS. Their excuse was that they
renumbered, but my IP address remained the same.

On 9 Apr 2001, at 13:08, Derek Martin wrote:

> Jerry Feldman said:
>
> > When the renumber your node, it takes them 12 or more hours for the
> DNS to
> > catch up. If the DNS does not catch up, then call them. All they need
> to do
> > is to reprovision. This process causes the DNS to be updated.
> (eventually).
>
> I have been renumbered SEVEN times in the year and a half I've had my
> CM.  DNS failed to migrate 3 of those, requiring the help desk to fix
> them 2 of those times.  Rebooting fixed the problem (though I still
> can't figure out why) the third time.
>
> --
> Derek Martin
> Senior System Administrator