From: owner-discuss at blu.org [mailto:owner-discuss at blu.org]On Behalf Of
David Kramer
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2001 8:56 AM
Cc: BLU Boston Linux Unix group
Subject: Re: SPARC 5 memory layout w/out opening cover?

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Scott Ehrlich wrote:

> Hello to all:
>
> Is there any easy way to check the memory layout of a SPARC 5 without
> having to pop the cover?
>
> The SPARC in question is running Solaris 7.  I've tried dmesg, but it only
> tells me how much memory I have.   I can't interpret if there is a memory
> layout in its display.
>
> I'd like to add memory to bring it from 32 Meg to 64 Meg, but don't know
> if I have a single 32 Meg module or several 8 Meg modules.

I'm sorry I forgot the specifics, but I'm almost positive there's a
command for that in the Sparc's BIOS.  It's been too long, but you press
the key to drop down into the BIOS and run the memory test.

DDDD   David Kramer                   http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D  "All my life, I always wanted to be somebody.
DK KD  Now I see that I should have been more specific."
DDDD                                       - Lily Tomlin

-

-