Oh really... A cross platform virus?

I read the report on it. Here is the F-secure writeup on it:
http://www.europe.f-secure.com/v-descs/lindose.shtml

It's also called Lindos. F-Secure is calling it a proof of concept virus.

I don't know how the attachment gets executed, but it looks in the
current directory and parent directory for ELF binaries, and tries to infect
them.