Followup comments from last nights meeting

First, thanks to all those who came out last night.  Fortunately, no
adversity was too great for our technical know how, and we managed
to get everything demonstrated regardless.

A couple of questions came up after the meeting was over last night.

1)  What relevance did GIMP, GimpPrint & SANE (Scanning) have with thinclients?

	It was mostly a proof of concept and a cool demo.  I've put some
	significant effort into getting my USB scanner attached to my
	diskless thin clients and shared on the network.  Now, all
	my thin clients can access the scanner & likewise the color
	printer to produce high-quality scans & prints from within the
	same application.

	You can certainly achieve the same results (scan & print) with
	locally attached devices on a standard workstation.

2) The Fujitsu/Siemens SCOVERY systems I purchased do not appear to be
	to be available anymore.  Several people in the audience indicated
	that there's a dude at the KGP shows who sells a book-pc for
	~135 with no disk, cd, etc...

3) The scanner I brought last night actually did not survive the 5 ft
	drop to the floor.  I think a little krazy glue fixed it but
	time will tell if it holds.

4) I failed to mention that LTSP has a "local_apps" option in the config
	file.  I don't use it, and therefore skipped right over it.

	Local_Apps mode requires you to setup NIS, but thereafter, the
	workstations will actually run the applications locally.  This
	mode also requires much more work with nfs exports and automounts,
	but it was worth mentioning.

Links:

	http://www.ltsp.org
	http://www.rom-o-matic.net