mount question

Disclaimer: some semi-guesses here...

1. There's no way to view what's covered by a mount (I read that
somewhere).

2. Mounts are relative to the mount point... so you don't have to mount
/var/log at '/'.  Try mounting it on '/mnt', then you can access it via
/mnt/var/log.  (/mnt is a new directory you have to create).

On 3/15/01, 12:04:51 PM, Ron Peterson <ron.peterson at yellowbank.com> wrote
regarding mount question: