Deceptions at eBAy!

It's something that I've noticed in the past.  I just
figured it was a poor system.  Something that I didn't
like, but accepted as a "feature".  I liken it to
rebooting Windows, you shouldn't have to do it so
often, but we all accept that that is the correct
solution.

So yeah, you can't trust the main page, but at least
the item page is right. :)

--- Randall Hofland <rhofland at fastdial.net> wrote:
> I don't know if anyone on BLU Discuss spends much
> time perusing eBay,
> but I've noted in my searches for bargains that eBay
> now fails to update
> many of the bids when you use the search mode. I
> just spotted one that
> has yet to post bids that date an entire week ago,
> much less the many
> that have come since. So it looks like no one has
> bid on an item when in
> fact several or even dozens of bids have already
> been entered.
>
> No wonder eBay's servers get overloaded. Everyone
> thinks they see a
> bargain until they get to the actual auction page!
> They could probably
> cut their electric bill by 60% if they would just
> keep their auction
> pages properly updated.
>
> -
> Subcription/unsubscription/info requests: send
> e-mail with
> "subscribe", "unsubscribe", or "info" on the first
> line of the
> message body to discuss-request at blu.org (Subject
> line is ignored).

=====