Microsoft hits new ethical low point?

I could not resist any longer

> When Allchin says "I worry if the government encourages open source",

Does he (Allchin) mean the same government that funded large amounts of
computer research and threatened contractors who did not release source code
with not getting any future contracts before there was even a Microsoft?

No, he can't mean that same US Federal government. Also he can't mean that
same Federal government that recently made some source code available under
the GPL as an example on how to make Linux even more secure. Not that same
Government that used open source software to build supercomputers. And so
on, ....

Since Microsoft can't effectively bully the Open Source community the way
they have dealt with every other threat, they are very ineptly trying to go
after the court of public opinion which they will hopefully lose.

I plan on using some of the arguments made by Charlie in my own advocacy of
"Open Source"/"Free" software.

Charlie - I agree with Dave that you get post of the week. Grand Job!

--
Tom Guilderson
Applied Technology Team
mailto:TWGuilderson at cvs.com