Microsoft hits new ethical low point?

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Michael Bilow wrote:
>This is absolutely amazing:
>
>   Redmond, Washington, Feb. 14 (Bloomberg) -- Microsoft Corp.'s Windows
>   operating-system chief, Jim Allchin, says that freely distributed
>   software code such as rival Linux could stifle innovation and that
>   legislators need to understand the threat.
>
>Read the full story at:
>
>http://quote.bloomberg.com/fgcgi.cgi?T=marketsquote99_news.ht&s=AOospdBaQTWljcm9z

Yeah, the whole article was absurd.
Their PR department must suck as bad as their OS;
that or they have gone insane. It's almost sad.
They expect people have forgotten that they're in deep
with the government already for stifling competition
and then say with a straight face that competition
from Linux is stifling innovation. What innovation
they're referring to, I have no idea.
I don't really like Sun that much either, but I can imagine
they're going to have a field day with this, considering
their response to that list of questions MS posed to Sun.

-