NEED HELP Linux & Apache mod_jk for TomCat JSP]

Hello BLU.

I have visited your site a couple of times and thought I would try
asking you for some help
with my Apache configuration. I am trying to be able to work with JSP
and Sevlets through
my localhost setup. I am running Mandrake 7.2 with
kernel 2.2.17-21 with Apache 1.3.12.
I have purchase several books on apache and
JSP and downloaded thousands of pages of
How-To info but still don't understand
the basics of how to begin. Any advise or
further resources would be greatly appreciated.

Basically I know that I need to:

get rid of the old jserv module in the httpd.conf

install/include the new mod_jk.so & mod_jk.c

I also hope to get more involved
in your special events. I especially like
the PHP event scheduled for
2/21.

Thank You