Red Hat 6.2 Installation

I have been trying to install Linux Red Hat 6.2 and to be very frank I am
new to the linux world. I have a 20 GB hard disk and I partioned 5 GB for
linux. I am able to reach the point in the installation procedure where it
asks me the partion details. It is here that in the last detail it says
that the partition area is too large (even if I give 1000!!) The normal
figure that I should give is 4416. I am not able to proceed beyond this
point. A friend of mine said that becoz I have a 20 GB hardisk...the linux
cannot write beyond certain sector or some such stuff....
Please help!!

-