From: owner-discuss at blu.org [mailto:owner-discuss at blu.org]On Behalf Of
Kevin M. Gleason
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2001 4:37 AM
To: BLU Discussion Group
Subject: FTP install of RH...

Does anyone know how I can get over this problem?

    I have some old Compaqs with 16M RAM and my CD is not recognized by
RH install. So I took the netboot image and copied it over to a floppy
disk and booted from it (I'm on a T1 line at work). Now I find that RH
7.0 requires a minimum of 20M RAM for ftp and http install so I am stuck
with performing an nfs install (but nothing can read the CDROM. Machines
too old/obsolete to upgrade for linux. I could pop the top and install
another CDROM but I guess I'm too lazy. Is the 20M ram ftp install
particular to RH7.0 or indicative of all ftp installs?

Thanks,

Kevin

-

-