Mandrake 7.2 release - a dud?

There have been many little things which annoyed me to various degrees in
Mandrake 7.2 but overall I am satisfied.

I have noticed that on infrequent occasions that directories are not
unmounted.  For example, " /misc could not be unmounted".  Wait. /misc is not
a mount point how could that happen?

Then Matlab 5.2 broke  with the upgrade.  That was fixed by loading some rpms
from MDK 7.1.

I got rid of aurora, but I can't figure out how to eliminate the music upon
KDE2 startup.

On Saturday 27 January 2001 03:19 pm, you wrote:
> > At the the Linux Demo days last Saturday, I was talking with the owner of
> > Softpro about distributions. He no longer carries Mandrake because he had
> > a large number returned.
>
> What's their current best seller?  Good distributions seem to come and go.
> I was very happy with Mandrake 6, 7.0, and 7.1.
>
> And, after Brian Conway's note, perhaps my biggest complaint can be
> disposed of by delete 'Aurora'.
>
> So many distributions, so little time....
>
> -

 .david
 David Lapointe
We think in generalities, but we live in detail
-Alfred North Whitehead
-