Ethernet - Existing home

On 18 Jan 2001, at 13:17, richb at pioneer.ci.net wrote:

> Further, I have yet to run into an electrician who understood either
> (a) that cat5 wiring needs to be installed as a home-run from a panel
> to each drop or (b) how to connect the jacks to the wires once they're
> run.  (And I've gone through a lot of local electricians...)
As I mentioned in a previous post, the electrician who installed the wires
in our addition ran a cat5 cable. He initially set up the jacks incorrectly,
but when called back he fixed them to work correctly.

> Some decade soon, houses wired for cat5 will be worth more.  I just
> *know* they will.  ;-)
I don't think either of us will be around to see it :-)
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Associate Director
Boston Linux and Unix user group
http://www.blu.org