Ethernet - Existing Home

   AFAIK, and this is due to living next to a telecomm contractor, almost
all types of wiring are covered by an electrician's license. There is
another type of license called "Fire Warning and Security System
Contractor" that is specifically, and ONLY for low-voltage systems like
networks.
   Now I haven't read the regs completely, so I may be very wrong, but I
believe that one needs at least the Contractor's license to do any kind of
wiring in MA.  I also have been told that a Master or Journeyman
Electrician can do data cable as well as line voltage work.
   If someone really wants to do the research they could start at:
http://www.state.ma.us/reg/boards/el/default.htm

--
     -Matt

Drive defensively -- buy a tank.