discuss-digest V1 #222

Hi John,

John Abreau wrote:

> Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 10:37:03 -0500 (EST)
> From: John Abreau <jabr at blu.org>
> Subject: More MediaOne woes

> Has anyone else experienced problems like this? Any ideas what might
> cause this? How did you resolve the problems?

You might want to read roadrunner.service.announce where they post
various outages. Another thing I'd suggest in addition to Jerry's
comments is to shut your modem off for three minutes and then restart.
Then try renewing your lease if you can't connect to MediaOne. This has
worked for me in the past. Roadrunner.techtalk.general might be helpful
as well.  My service has been very good with one major exception where
they were working a couple buildings down and forgot to rehook up my
cable modem as it wasn't labled. :(. Other than that its been great.

Welcome to the MediaOne family. I hope things improve for you down the
road.

> - --
> John Abreau / Executive Director, Boston Linux & Unix

                                --Cheers,
                                  Brian
-