Replying to list

David Kramer wrote:
> I know I'll never win the battle to get the list's reply-to address
> changed to the list (This IS a discussion list), but given that, can
> posters make an effort to NOT reply to both the sender and the list, since
> that sends two copies to the sender

I for one reply to both because I've sent a few messages this past
month and as far as I can tell none of them have gotten through to the
list at large -- so at least the sender who's asking the question
might benefit from the answer.

I suspect this could be deliberate if the list requires people to be
on the list before they post; but IMHO this would be a silly policy
both because the web archive could allow people who don't want to
receive email contribute anyway, and also because there's no way I'm
going to post from my real email address to a list which posts these
addresses in the clear on the web.

(Now testing this theory by subscribing my spam-magnet address to the
list.)

--grg
-