More MediaOne woes

Depends what it is being changed to. Normally, DHCP will assign an
internal default address if it is unable to establish a connection. I'll talk to
you tonight. It sounds like it could be a problem with either Mediaone or
with your setup. Go back to the Macintosh only setup for a period
significantly longer than it works with the Netgear. If it is stable, then
connect the Linux box directly. If the Linux box appears to be stable,
then the problem is probably with the Netgear.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
ORWAC 67-16 Blue Hats