More MediaOne woes

As you know I have had mediaone for over 4 years and it has been very
stable. I had some minor problems with earlier SuSE DHCP, but SuSE
6.4 DHCP has no bugs that I can perveive.
The routes should be:
24.128.60.7,  24.128.60.8.
DHCP will rewrite resolv.conf and also set up the default route, but that is
partly a function of your dhcp client and its scripts.

I did see David's response to you. First, there might be a problem with
your cable modem. Make sure that your cable modem is fully synced up.
If you have a blinking light, you lose sync.

Also, make sure all of your coax cables and connectors are tight.
Depending on who ran the coax, you could have some problems there.
After I had my cable for a few months I put in a service call. The person
who came out find several places where the original cable installer had
made poor connections. He found problems in the connector on the pole,
at the splitter and into the cable modem itself. I found another problem a
while back where if the cable modem moved it would be intermittent.
Again, I found that the connection had loosened. Got a wrench and
tightened it, and that fixed the problem.

I have a Lan City cable modem. I have heard that some other cable
modems have problems, but I do not have any experience with other than
the Lan City.