[BLU] More MediaOne woes

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, John Abreau wrote:

> I just got mediaone installed on Saturday, and it's been a major pain in
> the ass since then. The connection keeps dropping out entirely, and I have
> to reset my NIC before it comes back. Even that doesn't work consistently.
> Sometimes when the problem occurs, I notice that my default route has
> somehow gotten reset to the address assigned to my NIC; I imagine their
> DHCP server must be doing something wierd. So far the longest I've been
> online with this thing is about 20 minutes or so.
>
> Has anyone else experienced problems like this? Any ideas what might
> cause this? How did you resolve the problems?

At its worst, it was never that bad for me.  Does the sync lock light on
the cablemodem stay on?

When I had problems, I found it helpful to put a lot of echo statements in
the ifup* scripts and the other scripts they called.  Also most of the
dhcp clients have a verbose option.  Which dhcp client are you using?

As a side question, we've been videotaping for quite a few meetings by
now.  Are any of them available on the server yet?

DDDD   David Kramer                   http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D  Intelligence is knowing how to build a nuclear bomb.
DK KD  Wisdom is knowing how not to need them.
DDDD                              Shaggy 2 Dope- Insane Clown Posse
       happy kwaanzannukah-mas-stice!

-