What's a good color printer?

   Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 14:31:37 -0500
   From: Glenn Burkhardt <glenn at aoi.ultranet.com>

   The PhotoRET feature allows more bits per color than standard PCL
   describes.  HP has refused to divulge how this all works, but it's
   on my list to work on.

We're working on this on the gimp-print project.  Check out
gimp-print.sourceforge.net (and feel free to subscribe to
gimp-print-devel at sourceforge.net) if you're interested in this area.

Right now, Epson Stylus printers are the best choice for high quality
color output.

--
Robert Krawitz <rlk at alum.mit.edu>      http://www.tiac.net/users/rlk/

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net