sendmail: rewrite: map junk not found

I am not too sure what you are trying to do here, but in a typical
installation you just add the list of domains for which you are the most
preferred MX (that is, for which you do delivery) into the "w" class and
the domains for which you are a less-than-most preferred MX into the
"R" class.  Traditionally, the "w" class is loaded from "sendmail.cw" and
the "R" class is loaded from "sendmail.cR" although these are, like
everything else in Sendmail, totally configurable.  Debian does this:

$ grep '^F' /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
Fw /etc/mail/sendmail.cw
FR /etc/mail/sendmail.cR

Doing it with the "w" class means that mailbox names and aliases are all
mapped into the same flat space.  That is, "david" would mean the same
mailbox for any domain listed in the "w" class, which may or may not be
suitable in a particular situation.  If you want to deliver mail sent to
"david" in one domain to a different mailbox than mail to "david" in a
different domain, then you want to use the "virtusertable" map facility,
and the technique is to translate them into distinct local users.

More to the point, however, you should not really be messing around inside
"sendmail.cf" unless you are a wizard or a psycho.  Officially, you are
supposed to configure Sendmail using the "sendmail.mc" file, which is a
set of instructions that are to be run through the m4 compiler in order to
generate the "sendmail.cf" file automatically.

As for "map xxxx not found," if you configure "sendmail.cf" to look for a
map file, then you probably need to generate that map file by using the
"makemap" tool which comes with Sendmail.  The basic syntax (with the
directories appropriate for a Debian system, not a Red Hat system) is:

/usr/sbin/makemap hash /etc/mail/sendmail.Kxxxx < /etc/mail/sendmail.Kxxxx

This example would produce file "/etc/mail/sendmail.Kxxxx.db" which would
be loaded from lines beginning with "K" in "sendmail.cf" like this:

$ grep '^K' /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
Kvirtuser hash /etc/mail/sendmail.Kvirtusertable
Krewritesender hash -o /etc/mail/sendmail.Krewritesender
Krewriterecipient hash -o /etc/mail/sendmail.Krewriterecipient

Note that the "-o" switch can be used in "sendmail.cf" to tell Sendmail
not to fail out with an error if the map is not found on disk, but rather
to continue on with the database in question regarded as empty.

-- Mike

-