<q> EMACS question

(defun color-scheme-gray ()
  (interactive)
  (set-background-color                     "DeepSkyBlue4")
  (set-foreground-color                     "white")
  (x-set-foreground-color "black")
  (x-set-background-color "gray90")
  (x-set-cursor-color "red")
  (x-set-mouse-color "red")
  '(set-face-foreground (internal-find-face 'italic) "orange")
  (setq font-lock-face-attributes
        '((font-lock-comment-face        "LightGray")
          (font-lock-string-face         "Aquamarine")
          (font-lock-keyword-face        "Yellow")
          (font-lock-function-name-face  "Pink")
          (font-lock-variable-name-face  "LightGoldenrod")
          (font-lock-type-face           "PaleGreen")
          (font-lock-reference-face      "Orange")))
  (setq font-lock-maximum-decoration t)
  (font-lock-make-faces t)
  )

(add-hook 'emacs-lisp-mode-hook 'turn-on-font-lock)

you call the  color-scheme-gray (or whatever you name it) on your mode.
for colorization use the font-lock-mode variable
I do not know for what version of emacs this is not working (I think >21
but I do not remember)
Anyway this works for me. I had more nigfty things, but I mostly forgot
:((((

Hope this helps

> I'd like to change the default colors used in syntax colorization, but
> can't find good information about how to do this.  Basically I want to
darken
> the colors which are very light pastels on my system.
>

> --
>  .david
>  David Lapointe
> If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
> -

Massimo Morin
Master in Science of Transportation - Aeronautics & Astronautics Dep.
Room 35-220 Flower Corner
Office: (617) 253 0993   Home: (617) 484 2999  Mobile: (617) 512
0203