Weird Files...

On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, Roger Day wrote:

> Try
> rm  '-f2'

I don't believe this will do the job, but you can try this:

  $ ls -i  |grep f2

  33845  -f2

  $ find . -inum 33845 -exec rm {} \;

OR you could use emacs dired mode to delete it, or midnight commander or
almost any of the standard file manager programs (but some seem to do
an "exec rm <filenamearg>" which doesn't fix the problem)...

OR as the man page for rm instructs, you can use this:

   $ rm -- -f2

Which uses the -- to indicate that you no longer wish to parse arguments,
and anything after that is a file argument.

There are probably a handfull of other ways to do it too that I'm not
thinking of off the top of my head, but well, we've answered the question.

=8^)

--
Derek Martin
Senior System Administrator