Need a little help/advice... (fwd)

First, we are planning a Linux Installfest on November 11th at Mt. Ida
College in  Newton. The details are on the BLU web page.
second, Linux gladly coexists with Windows98.  You can shrink the 20 GB
drive down for Linux. I personally prefer SuSE Linux, but Red Hat and
Mandrake are excellent distributions. With Linux, you can customize your
linux kernel by optimizing it for the Pentium III and the type of drives
and controllers you have. You have many choices of the style desktop you
want from a Windows98 style desktop to just about everything you could
think of. The community is very active and helpful.  Broadband is a natural
with Linux since it is implemented using LAN technologies that Unix and
Linux have been using for years. In addition, there are technologies where
you can run Windows98 inside of Linux (using something like Win4Lin), or
under VMWare.

Howard S Shubs wrote:
> >I'm new both to Unix and to Linux and I'm interested in downloading
> >a Linux O/S
> >onto a PC running '98 with a Pentium III 733 processor, 128 RAM, 20
> >GBB drive and Broadband.
>
> Very nice box.  Should be able to run Linux or whatever with no
> problem.  Look, I was running MacBSD on a 68040 running at 33MHz.
> Granted, I wasn't doing much with it, but it -ran-.  Your system
> should be able to -do- stuff.
>
> What was that about an install-fest?
> Howard S Shubs                                      The Denim Adept
> -

Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group
http://www.blu.org