install disk

Dan Fadayomi wrote:

> All-
>
> Does anyone know where I can get a redhat 6.2 install disk from. I've
> searched rehat site and can't seem to find it. Any help would be much
> appreciated.

If you have a RedHat CD, the boot images are on the CD in the images
directory, and the image you need is "boot.img". Just mount the CD and
do the following:

under linux

dd if=path-tocdrom/images/boot.img of=/dev/fd0 bs=1440k

under DOS/Windows

C:\>d:
D:\>cd \dosutils
D:\>rawrite
Enter disk image source file name: ..\images\boot.img
Enter target diskette drive: a:
Please insert a formatted diskette into drive A: and
press --ENTER-- : <Hit Enter Key>

If you don't have the CD just download the image file from one of the
ftp mirror sites. If you need pcmcia support or are perfomring a
network(ftp, http, nfs) install then just substitute "boot.img" with the
appropriate image "pcmcia.img" or "bootnet.img".

Best of luck!

--
Tom Guilderson

-