Configuring Diald on gateway

One possible solution is to assign a local address alias to your interface.
While your primary interface is eth0, the alias would be eth0:0
In Red Hat, you can do this through the netconf utility, IP aliases for
virtual hosts. That way you can have a local address (eg. 192.168.x.x) as
well as the dynamic address.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group