Web Links on our web page

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Anthony J. Gabrielson wrote:

> Hello,
> 	I recently got a request to add a Company to our web links.  I was
> wondering what different peoples take on this was - in terms of should I
> or shouldn't I.  The company uses Linux as there only operating system, so
> they are in the linux OEM market.  They make firewalls, file/print
> servers, etc...  If I'm going to add commercial companies, I'm going to
> have to add more than just this company, so if you like the idea which
> companies do you think I should add?

Our policy on BLU.ORG is that we don't do advertising. I regularly get
offers from various companies for special deals if I put their banner ads
on blu.org, and I generally just delete them. In the rare cases when it
seems appropriate, I send a polite "No, thanks" reply.

Now, merely linking to a company's web site isn't the same as being paid
to advertise their wares. My rule of thumb is that I put content and links
on blu.org when I feel it's useful for members. Corporate marketing issues
are irrelevant to this.

In the case you outlined, I probably wouldn't add the link.

ICQ#28611923 / AIM abreauj / Email jabr at blu.org

-