Mediaone host names

I was thinking the same thing. There was a site that has a lot of FAQs
about the Linksys BEFSR41, such as how to set it up for Mac spoofing.
Mac spoofing is useful since you can configure the Linksys with the
same MAC address of your current NIC card, so you don't need to call
M1X and get a new IP address. If I can locate that site, I'll post it here.

On 26 Sep 2000, at 10:06, Anthony J. Gabrielson wrote:

> I run a linksys cable router with port forwarding.  So mailing an ifconfig
> would get me my internal ip.  I'm thinking about making a script that will
> probe my linksys box for its ip.  That shouldn't be to difficult.

Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Associate Director
Boston Linux and Unix user group
http://www.blu.org