[BLU] Re: MediaOne troubles

Jerry Feldman wrote:

> My address is ok. I also checked David Kramers, and his system is ok
> eventhough he got renumbered. It does appear that Derek's DNS entry was
> removed.
> Randall Hofland wrote:

Yeah, in a fit of bravado I tried straightening out my box without
rebooting, just to proove linux is better than Windows.   While I was
largely sucessful, there were a fwe things I missed.

For some reason, the pump scripts did not update /etc/hosts, so my IP
address was wrong there.  That pissed off mysql, httpd, and sendmail
(nothing important, right?).  After trying to send an email and getting
"relay denied", though, I immediately figured out it was having IP
address trouble and fixed it.  Bounced said servers and all was right.

In other words, next time I'll just change that file and reboot.  That
is, if they renumber me again before I can get a DSL providor that
doesn't hate linux and has real domain names.
-