servers [T20000919006H] (fwd)

Medoaone has provided DNS on you host name as long as I have had
Mediaone (4 years). Last year they changed their policy such that they
would issue you a host name based on your MAC address. Previously
your host name was based on your email address. Those of us who
wanted to keep our host names were permitted to do so.

AFAIK: Neither RCN nor Mediaone (AT&T) allow static IPs. Again, in my
experience, my ip address was changed on several occations:
1. Newton was renumbered.
2 and 3: I changed NICs.
Some other people have experienced changes of their IP address.
--
Jerry Feldman
Contractor, eInfrastructure Partner Engineering

Compaq Computer Corp.
200 Forest Street MRO1-3/F1
Marlboro, Ma. 01752
-