broadband access

BTW: Mediaone does sell their cable Internet service independently from
their TV service. There is a discount on Internet service if you have their
TV service at a certain level.

I don't understand why John had his problem with M1X. They do regularly
look for servers. I have been running my system as a web server for
nearly the entire 4 years, and as a mail server when I decided to run my
Intel system exclusively on Linux. Other BLU members have been
running mail servers on Mediaone with no problems. Setting up an IRC
server is one thing that really upsets them. For a while I was running an
ftp server so I could access my system from Compaq, but I shutdown the
port.
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Associate Director
Boston Linux and Unix user group